Anyone who has been accepted onto the North Northamptonshire Keyways Housing Register is able to use the full service.
To apply to Keyways you must be 16 years of age or over.
If you are under 18 you will need to supply a suitable guarantor before being permitted to place bids or sign for a tenancy.
You will need to complete an online housing application form if you wish to be considered for social/affordable housing in North Northamptonshire. This includes:
Properties rented from the Council.
Properties rented from local housing associations.
Low-cost home ownership properties (formerly known as shared ownership) to buy from a local housing association.
Properties to rent privately from accredited landlords.
You are still required to complete a housing application form if you are currently renting your home from the Council or a housing association and wish to transfer to a different property.
To complete an online form, you will need to provide:
- Full name, address, date of birth and nationality of each person on the application form.
- National Insurance number for all people aged 16 and over on the application form.
- Contact details for either yourself or a person who you would like us to contact regarding your housing application (e.g., a relative, friend or social worker).
- Full five-year address history for you and joint applicant.
- Details about your current accommodation.
- Details of any former or current housing related debt for you and/or the joint applicant.
- Details of any criminal convictions for you and/or the joint applicant.
We may not be able to accept you onto our register if:
- You are subject to immigration control.
- You are not habitually resident in the UK, Channel Islands, the Isle of Man or the Republic of Ireland.
- You are a person from abroad excluded by regulations made by the Secretary of State.
- You are a person granted limited leave (pre settled status) under the EU Settlement Scheme.
- Required to leave the UK by the Secretary of State.
- You fall within one of the non-qualifying classes of people as set out in the North Northamptonshire Keyways Housing Allocation scheme, for example due to unacceptable behaviour, or not having the required local connection.
When completing a housing application online form:
- Please read all questions and notes carefully before answering.
- Please type all answers clearly and ensure that questions are answered as fully as possible.
- We advise you to check your answers for accuracy and to ensure that you have answered all relevant questions.
- Before we can process your application form, you must read and agree to the online declaration page at the end of the application and before submission.
We will be unable to process any application form that is submitted incomplete.
Before your application is made active or offered a property you may be asked to provide further documents to support your application. We will tell you what documents to provide and a timescale on when to provide them. All documents provided must be originals, up to date and valid.
If you do not provide us with the documents required, your application will not be accepted onto the housing register. Once the documents are received your application will be assessed and placed in the appropriate Keyways band from the date the documents were received.
Documents can be uploaded from your "My Account" page or during an application submission.
Warning for applicants completing an application for housing.
When making an application for housing it is a criminal offence if you knowingly or recklessly give false information or withhold information. All forms will be checked for accuracy and information may be verified by making relevant enquiries. If enquiries show that you have committed such an offence, you can be prosecuted. If you are found guilty you may be fined up to £5000 (this figure is accurate as of April 2010, but you should be aware that this amount could alter) and evicted from any accommodation that may have been provided.
If applying as homeless it is a criminal offence if you fail to tell the Council as soon as possible of any changes in your circumstances which might affect your right to rehousing. In the event of you applying as homeless, all details provided on this application will be used to help with our enquiries.
It is your responsibility to keep us up to date with any changes in your circumstances as soon as they happen. If during verification it is found that your circumstances have changed or not the same as those you have provided us with, an offer of a property may be withdrawn and/or we may remove your application from the register.