Private Sector/Housing Association Tenants

If you are a tenant and experiencing disrepair in your current property this must first be reported to your current landlord.  Should your landlord refuse to comply with their obligations or unreasonably delay any repairs then you may contact the Council’s Private Sector Housing team for advice and assistance.

The Private Sector Housing Team will request confirmation that you have made your landlord aware of the outstanding works and will work with you and your landlord to ensure that any required works are completed and ensure your property is safe for you to continue to occupy.

Please note that if you are experiencing disrepair in a council tenancy then you must contact the Council’s Repairs Team directly as the Private Sector Housing Team cannot provide assistance within this tenure.

Private Sector Housing can be contacted via e-mail: